Monday, July 7, 2014

Things I want...


Let me start off by saying I am NOT a rich kid. Nothing against it, I wish I was fortunate enough for my family to help pay for riding. They made me work for it and I appreciate it SO much now.
I am, like all equestrians, a tack whore. I WANT EVERYTHING. Here is a boring list of some things I want, not all inclusive, not even close.

BIT BUTTER. I tried this once on Isis and I don't know if it was coincidence or MAGIC but Isis accepted the bit so much better than she had been. So I'd love to get some to try out on her!


Mini clippers! Just for shaping up and because they are cute. 


A wrap bag, for shipping stuff. ORGANIZE ALL THE THINGS.

A nice saddle cover, seriously. I ACTUALLY NEED THIS. Emma is borrowing the baby jesus saddle right now and she has a big beautiful cover that I think she's using on it. I need to get one, seriously. Fleece lined preferably.



KERRITS BREECHES. My favorite riding tight like in the entire universe. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I like these two most, I might buy them anyway, even though negative money. 


Freaking GPA helmet, duh. 

But I would settle for one of these. I have the jockey skull and I just love it. I think I want one of these because they are fun. I would love to do pink but I know I would be smart and do silver or gold. 

A new eventing vest. I love the Charles Owen ones, I have a tipperary I bought off craigslist, it's okay. It's blue, which means my cross country colors are blue forever.


A FREAKING SHADBELLY BECAUSE OKAY. 

These I love, the cool blast shirts. I'm pretty sure there are tons of brands but I love the mesh underside. You look fancy in your long sleeve shirt but it's super cool and comfy! Win, win. 

Ogilvy half pad please. I don't know gummy or memory foam but I would ABSOLUTELY love one of these. I've heard the most amazing reviews and I think Isis would greatly appreciate it. 




All three of these, Gloocker boots and wraps, fit for my princess. 

Dublin winter boots, I just want them okay. 


Joined stirrups! Miss Monica (tbeventer) has a different set of these on her cross country/jumping saddle and I would love to have a pair for cross country. LOVE. Of course I have the herm sprenger stirrup system so I need to shut up. 

A pessoa lunging kit, or knock off for that matter. I would love to be able to use this on Isis when I'm having lazy days. She lunges like an old quarter horse, so lazy, so low. I think this would help get her top line in shape.

A MICKLEM! I think this might help with our bit problem. Expensive for a hunch, but in a perfect world I could just have one. KTHNX WORLD. 

EcoGold cross country pad because awesome.


A white set of Eskadrons, because name brands are fancy. Mostly because I love white boots, it's a sickness, they always look terrible. While I'm at it I would love the air easy boots too. 


An all leather hackamore for shows! 


And last but not least a waterford loose ring, I think she might like it since it doesn't hinge in her mouth in one bridge. Who knows.


Like I said, not all inclusive. I want a dressage saddle since I don't own one, every polo wrap ever invented ( I have an addiction), a beautiful leather halter (with a plate), a saddle plate, new stirrup leathers, some new saddle pads, 100 million bell boots so I'm never out, a figure eight bridle with the cotton/leather braided reins, an eventing watch and just about every horse gadget ever invented. Don't judge me, or do, but I'm bored and crippled and I have nothing to do but dream of riding.

On a happy side note I went and visited my friend Nancy (jumpingsaddlebred) and she let me ride her lovely boy Coco. I just walked around (jigged actually) but it was so nice to be back in a saddle, to feel at home again. 
Anyway, here's a beautiful picture of Isis, Emma is planning on showing her on Sunday (the last show got rescheduled) so hopefully I'll have pictures! 


1 comment: