Thursday, June 26, 2014

Where life kind of figures itself out..

Most of the time, my life can be pretty unlucky.
I promise I'm not looking for a pity party...but if someone feels like throwing me one I won't protest. I tend to be that person who stuff just never works out for. About a month ago someone put an offer on Isis, it fell through and I was stuck with the horrible fate that I was going to be spending 550 a month on her to stay in Kansas City with absolutely no work.

Insert Emma here.

So Emma bought this GAWGEOUS mare Izzy a year ago (yes I facebook stalk horse people, don't judge me!). They were going well but then Izzy when mystery lame. Emma had the vet out like a good horse mom and found out Izzy's jumping will be pretty limited for the rest of her life (2'6 to 2'9max). Poor Emma was figuring out her Izzy situation and I was figuring out Isis. Well long story short Emma ended up coming out to try Isis and let me tell you, it was magic.

fancy marebutt. 

Isis is super hard to ride, honestly. She isn't always the most forgiving, until she thinks your worthy of forgiving. Everything is on her terms, you have to CONVINCE her that everything is her idea. When she trusts you and likes you though, she's amazing.

Emma looking super happy!


Let's just talk about how cute my horse is. THE CUTEST. 

This is my horses neck after NOT being ridden, what is life.


Relaxed Isis!


Isis says 'Please, I can jump this in my sleep'



Big jumps!


Well besides some cranky, fat, mare issues, Emma did amazing with Isis. They even jumped a little over 3 foot after Isis hadn't been ridden or jumped really in MONTHS. I was so happy. Isis was so happy. Everything was going well.

Two days later my savior Emma asked me about free leasing Isis. She moved like a sneaky bandit and got a stall for her WITHIN THREE DAYS. OMG. WHO CAN DO THAT. EMMA THATS WHO.

So Isis moved to Emma's barn (who I know a lot of the people at and the trainer) and had her first real lesson with her yesterday. Isis was super tired by the end and Emma and her were still figuring each other out. Isis can jump 3'9 from a trot, so it's super hard to ride her to big jumps because she just needs to be a giant condensed bouncy ball. She doesn't need to be fast, she doesn't need to be pushed to a bold distance, she can canter in place ha.



The big scary fence. 
Don't they look great!?

They had a tough last fence, it was big, Isis was exhausted, but they got over it finally with like 2 feet to spare. Life is good, Isis looks super happy and Emma is even planning on showing her this sunday! I'll let the rest of the pictures speak for themselves and I WILL be posting after the show as soon as I get pictures/videos from Emma. Until then, think about me when you're walking around, standing in the shower and riding your ponies, all things I can't do yet! Be thankful bloggers.



3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad that got worked out for you... You deserved a break. I hope your foot heals quickly. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect situation right now. Awesome! Isis looks AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great situation. :-) You and Monica, wtf. Y u no healthy?

    ReplyDelete