Saturday, June 14, 2014

I'm back!

Hi friends.

I know, I've been MIA for quite some time. I'm a really terrible communicator just in general so I'm not surprised that I'm bad at blogging. If it makes you feel any better, know that I will be blogging more the next couple of months at least due to my awesome, amazing surgery. Let me explain and catch you all back up...


So Isis and I were doing pretty well. She has been progressing amazingly well since I switched her into a hackamore. She is willing, fluid, happy and round. So happy, so excited. She went to her first real horse show and was the bomb. She was super terrified in the warm up arena (crow hopping, baby rearing), but once we entered the arena for our classes she was THE BOMB. She was super attentive and calm. She listened to me amazingly (despite all the outside noise) and she took second in all of her classes. I like to say we got second because I was trying to keep her slow and calm for her first show. (plus we competed against the lovely Monica (tbeventer) in one of our 2'6 classes- and we all know how boss Yanks is) Anyway, she was great. Now here is the fun part...

so fresh, so clean, clean. 

Around July 2013 I started having ankle pain while riding, like OMG MY DOES MY ANKLE FEEL LIKE IT'S GOING TO SHATTER, pain. So I sucked it up for two months and basically suffered and started sucking at riding. I switched out to new flexy stirrups and still had pain. So i decided to go to the doctor. Basically, she diagnosed me with tendinitis. I went to physical therapy for 4 months, wore an ankle brace, didn't ride, didn't work out and it literally just kept getting worse. By then I had posterior tibial tendinitis, achilles tendinitis and ankle bursitis. FUCK ME RIGHT.

Last ride on mare mare before my surgery. 


from her show, so presh, don't mind me, looking all sloppy.

Come end of March, my arch was collapsing and my tendon was 3x the size it was supposed to me. Insert surgery April 2014.




Miss Monica riding marebutt for me.

So here I am now, 2 months after surgery, just now starting to put weight on it again. The doctor said about 8 months until I can expect to be riding again. Poor wondermare.

So I'm going to try to blog my way through this, talk about how I feel, show you how Isis is and hopefully get to live vicariously through all of you as I cry into a carton of Ben and Jerry's....





3 comments:

  1. Isis looks awesome! So sorry to hear about your ankle :0( That's a long time off of riding, but take the time you need to get better. Keep sharing pretty pictures of your beautiful horsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much going on. Hope the healing goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete