Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Blue ribbon badass.

Sorry it took me so long blogging loves! I've been doing absolutely nothing and I have negative things to talk about. Before I get into the awesome juice that is this post I want to complain a bit.

I HATE PHYSICAL THERAPY.
I hate it. It hurts, everything hurts. I've been doing it at home, at the physical therapy office, going to the freaking gym and everything is still hard. I can't even imagine how it's going to feel to ride again and I'm absolutely freaking terrified. I know I will be fine, I know it WILL be fine, but it's terrifying. I had a $60,000 surgery on my freaking ankle. WUT.

Anyway, mostly everything here is fine. I'm laying around waiting to start my new job, watching tv, working out and reading. I just finished Gone Girl, it was very entertaining, I recommend it if anyone doesn't want to read a horse book!

So Miss Isis and Miss Emma had been working nicely from everything I had heard. I only heard positive things. The show they were supposed to go to 2 Sundays ago got cancelled and rescheduled to Sunday the 13th! I was so incredibly excited for Emma to take Miss Isis to the small schooling show, a great experience for them. My wonderful mare is a ROCKSTAR in the arena. The first show I took her to she was so stressed out in the warm up with horses everywhere but when I got her into that jumper ring she was so focused. I was ecstatic!

Anyway, enough about boring old me, Emma and Isis KILLED it. They did 2'6, 2'9 and 3'0 and got blue ribbons in every class! Who else is excited for them! Emma said Isis was a dream! Falling asleep tied to the trailer, cool and collected. She even said one of the barn moms thought Isis was drugged she was so calm! ( Little back story here, this barn mom hauled Isis from her fancy barn to the barn she was at and this was back when Isis was on 3 days a week of turnout and little to no riding from her hind end cut- basically Isis was a psycho wreck)

I even got texts from an instructor who helped Isis and I out a bit back in Columbia telling me how great Isis and Emma looked! It was really amazing. I will say I'm incredibly jealous that it couldn't be me riding my mare, but I am absolutely so happy with Emma. She is taking great care of my wonderful mare and they are even going to a mini event as long as the bit situation works out (Emma and her trainer are going to try to work Isis into a bit again for dressage!).
Here's a million pictures of their show!












Can my mare jump or what?!

This mare isn't even trying, her facial expression looks bored over these fences haha. There are videos but I would have to link Emma's facebook and I'm not doing that in case there's a cray cray stalker out there. NOPE. Sorry non stalker bloggers, you'll just have to imagine my majestic mare hardly trying covering ground at a hunter canter. :) 
Til next time bloggers. 

5 comments:

  1. Yay Emma and Isis! They look wonderful. Hope your ankle gets better ASAP. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing pictures! They look fantastic together.

    ReplyDelete